If you wake up fresh and energetic in the morning, you lay a solid foundation for the day ahead. Here I will lay down some very useful and effective tips to wake up fresh in the morning and start the day energetically. First and foremost, the best thing is to get a sound and comfortable nights sleep to have great energy levels in the morning, but there are other energy boosters to rejuvenate you in the morning. Studies show the activities you do immediately after waking up can make you feel your best for the rest of the day.
TIPS TO WAKE UP FRESH AND ENERGETIC IN THE MORNING:
* CHECK YOUR WATCH SNOOZE: Always set the watch alarm for the time that you actually want to get up. Many people are in a habit of switching off the snooze when it rings and again go off to sleep. This way you are depriving your body of comfortable and sound sleep and would actually get up more tired than before because your brain subconsciously gets accustomed to the fact that once you hit the alarm button it will go off again, this way you are never at peace and you are unable to get that extra sleep peacefully that you long for.
* GET SOME SUN SHINE: After leaving your bed it’s a good idea to head to your balcony or terrace to get some good sun shine this will make you feel more fresh, awake and alert and give you energy and rejuvenate your body. Studies show that daylight refreshes the body clock and increases the brains level of serotonin, a chemical which is responsible for boosting your mood.
* WATER THE MAGIC DRINK: Body to function properly needs water. Drinking water the first thing after waking up is a great idea, because it helps make up for the loss of body fluids in the night and leaves you feeling hydrated. To change the taste you can often add fresh lime juice to water which is again very refreshing.
* BRIGHTEN UP YOUR MOOD WITH BRIGHT COLOURS: Bright colours brighten up your mood this is what research suggests. Try to see bright colours first thing when you wake up, this habit of yours would make you wake up fresh and pep up your energy levels. So now onwards get all your bed sheets, pillow covers, curtains etc in nice bright colours and get your room done up in bright colours. When you wake up amidst bright colours, you are bound to start your day fresh and energetic. Keep a nice and bright bouquet of flowers in your bed room looking at these bright flowers first thing in the morning when you wake up will boost your mood and energy levels.
* PLAN YOUR DAY: Take out few minutes to plan out your day after you wake up. This helps you to think positively to plan your day and you will be in a better position both mentally and physically to face the day ahead.
DISCUSS YOUR VIEWS:
What do you have to say about waking up fresh and energetic? How did you find the above tips? What are your tips and ideas to start the day fresh and energetic?